Sunday, April 1, 2018

April Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates


Towards the end of February, my reading slowed down significantly. In March, it didn't get better. I kind of fell into a slump and health issues took over. I'm slowly coming out of it, so my goal is to finish at least 3 of the books on my TBR. I'm really looking forward to Heart of Iron and Nevernight especially. Who knows...maybe April will be a super strong month like January, but I'm not holding my breath. Soccer is underway and we have 80 billion appointments coming up - including my 6 week checkup for my heart procedure.

My Tentative TBR for April:
  • Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston [Owlcrate book]
  • Everless by Sara Holland [for #AYearAThon]
  • Nevernight by Jay Kristoff [for #AYearAThon]
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman [for #AYearAThon]
  • Black Chuck by Regan McDonell [Netgalley]
  • Seeker of the Crown by Ruth Lauren [Netgalley]


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 1 (Raspberry Danish Murder)
Series finished this month: 1 - Total for 2018: 2
Series started this month: 0 - Total for 2018: 4
Series tally: 54 - 1 + 0 = 53 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In March, I read 3 backlisted books: Any Boy But You, When Dimple Met Rishi, Geekerella. My total is now 22 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 25%
Goodreads Challenge: 27/52 books - 52% AHEAD!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 15/23 books - 65% AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 2/10 series - 20% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 5/2 books - 250% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 9/24 books - 37%
AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 4/12 books - 33% AHEAD!
Popsugar Challenge: 19/20  - 95% AHEAD!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 22/40 books - 55% AHEAD!
Creating & Co Challenge: 2/9 books  - 22% BEHIND!

NETGALLEY
I started March with 62 books. I read 4 books and added 3 books. So April starts out at 61 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold, Before She Ignites, The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, and Heart of Iron.

What are you planning on reading in April?





No comments: