Thursday, March 1, 2018

March Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates


I am writing this a few days before the first (on Sunday the 25th) because I may or may not be in the hospital when this goes live. I'm getting my ablation on Feb 27 and if all goes well, I should be home the next day. I finished 6 books as of the 25th of February and I am not sure if I will finish more or not. I assume I will probably be pretty sleepy following my ablation and if not, taking full advantage of HGTV and Food Network at the hospital LOL. My goals for March are fairly low. I have my Owlcrate book, two books for the #AYearathon readathon, a Netgalley book, and a book I won via a Goodreads giveaway. None of these are MUSTS, but I would at the very least like to read the five of them in the month of March. Not only is my ablation recovery happening, so is soccer. Games start midmonth and that means it's going to be CRAZY again. Fingers crossed for a good reading month though! I am totally optimistic that I can finish all 5 of these books. Update 3/1: I did finish one more book, bringing my total to 7 for February.

My Tentative TBR for March:
  • The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer [for #AYearathon]
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas [for #AYearathon]
  • Kasey & Ivy by Allison Hughes
  • Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 3 (Gemina, Scythe, Banana Cream Pie Murder)
Series finished this month: 0 - Total for 2018: 1
Series started this month: 1 - Total for 2018: 4
Series tally: 53 - 0 + 1 = 54 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In February, I read 5 backlisted books: Gemina, Hello, Universe, Scythe, The Hating Game, Girls Made of Snow and Glass. My total is now 19 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 16%
Goodreads Challenge: 22/52 books - 42% AHEAD!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 14/23 books - 60% AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 1/10 series - 10% AHEAD!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 5/2 books - 250% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 5/24 books - 20%
AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 4/12 books - 33% AHEAD!
Popsugar Challenge: 18/20  - 90% AHEAD!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 19/40 books - 47% AHEAD!
Creating & Co Challenge: 1/9 books  - 11% BEHIND!

NETGALLEY
I started February with 62 books. I read 1 books and added 1 books. So March starts out at 62 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones, Before She Ignites, The Cruel Prince, and The Hazel Wood.

What are you planning on reading in March?

No comments: