Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Books I Read in November



The Surrendered by Case Maynard - 2.5 stars (finished 11/4)
BOOK 1 IN THE SURRENDERED SERIES
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
Review: here.

Read Me Like a Book by Liz Kessler - 2 stars (finished 11/7)
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
Review: here.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman - 4 stars (finished 11/8)
BOOK 1 IN IF I STAY DUOLOGY
I may have gone into this book mistaking it for another but wow! Beautifully written and tragic. I love the back and forth between present and memories of the past. I love the perspective in which it was told. Mia was a wonderful character and I loved getting to know her and her family. Intrigued by where the sequel takes the story.  

Reboot by Amy Tintera - 4.5 stars (finished 11/16)
BOOK 1 IN REBOOT DUOLOGY
I have been meaning to read Reboot for years and when #AYearAThon for November had the themes of reading a new-to-me author and duologies, I added it to my list. I got a little burnt out on dystopians, but I still do love the genre. I have been reading more dystopians lately and really love the sci-fi twist that Reboot has.

Reboot follows the story of Wren 178, the deadliest Reboot and 17 year old known. Reboots are humans who have died and come back to life - they are helping to keep humans alive after disease has swept through the population. The longer a Reboot is dead, the stronger and less human they are when they Reboot. Wren 178 was dead 178 minutes. Those Reboots who were dead longer than 60 minutes are tasked with training the Under Sixties. Wren typically chooses the highest numbered new recruit, but is challenged by a very human-like Callum 22 to train him.

I enjoyed being in Wren's head and watching her grow as a character. I liked the plot and story it followed. I'm looking forward to Rebel and what happens to these characters after the whirlwind that the first book was. 


A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard - 5 stars (finished 11/21)
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
Review to come.

No comments: