Friday, October 20, 2017

Guilty Reader Book Tag

This original tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire. I don't think that I am a very guilty reader. Just like how I am, in real life, I don't really feel like I have to hide what I think or feel about things -- and that includes books.

Have You Ever Regifted A Book That You’ve Been Given? 

Regifted, no, but I have traded a book for something else when a step-grandparent-in-law got me a book I already had. I switched with my sister (in law) Kathleen for a shirt she didn't like but I did from the same person.

Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t? 

I did this so many times in senior Honors English. I did not and could not read Picture of Dorian Grey and Jane Eyre. *barf* Outside of then, no. I'm not really too ashamed of what I have read.

Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it? 

I have one or two books from my elementary school that I'm pretty sure were not gifted to me.

Have you ever read a series out of order? 

NO. Absolutely not.

Have you ever spoiled a book for someone? 

I'm trying to think of a specific time I may have and I don't think that I did. Not accidentally at least. I sometimes have conversations about books with my husband but we always ask if we want to know the spoiler before we spoil anything.

Have you ever doggy eared a book? 

I have only done this a few times out of desperation. I hate making my books look worn.

Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do? 

Not that I can think of.

Have you ever told someone you haven’t read a book when you have? 

Not that I can recall. I typically have no issue telling people I've read certain books. Twilight, read it, loved it. 50 Shades of Grey, read it, not a huge fan. Various paranormal walking the line of being erotica, read it, loved it. I don't see why I should hide what I've read :) Or shamed for it!

Have you every skipped a chapter or a section of a book? 

I have skim read books when they start getting entirely too boring and I think I may DNF them. But I don't think I have actually skipped whole sections.

Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?

I think I normally will defend a book that I liked that is being bad-mouthed. I am not one to talk shit about a book I liked.



No comments: