Friday, September 1, 2017

Sequel September [TBR List]

I recently discovered a treasure trove of readathons/reading challenges and decided to try to do a couple in September and see how that goes. If it hinders my reading process or I get in a slump, I may not continue into October.

First for September is a month-long reading challenge called Sequel September hosted by Books & Munches. The goal is to read sequels. I need to do this so badly. I have a goal to finish 10 series this year and so far, I have managed to finish 1 (that has no more books coming out this year).

My tentative TBR of sequels to read in September:



Why only three? I am participating in other reading challenges throughout the month, so these are three of my oldest sequels that I want to get to. I have once again reread the Southern Vampire Mystery series and stopped at the last few books. I have never read number 12 and 13. Dead Reckoning is the 11th. The Iron Warrior is the final book in the Iron Fey spinoff series. Need to finish it. The last book I chose was the final book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I love love loved the first book. It is one of my all-time favorite reads. The second book was a solid 3.5 stars for me because it was really slow to start. It did pick up though. I don't know why I haven't picked up the third book. Maybe I don't want to finish this trilogy and it to be over. Karou is my Kindle's name. It's the name I always choose for video game characters. I just love this world.

Finishing these three will bring my total of series finished to 3 and that's a whole lot better than 1. :)

Updated on 10/1: I finished Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich and I'm currently working on Dead Reckoning. I definitely got a little too distracted with the other reading challenges I was participating in, so this challenge didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Total books read: 1
Total pages read: 356

No comments: