Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Bout of Books 20 [Days 1-4 Progress]

Bout of Books

I'm going to split up the readathon progress between days 1 through 4 and then 5 through 7 with maybe the "finish line" tacked on. Here we go! Happy reading everyone :) Remember if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask your local Bout of Books Expert (I am one of I believe 6 or 7). :)

[GOALS]
**Read a little every day
**Finish two books

[DAY 1 PROGRESS]
Unicorn Power! by Mariko Tamaki - started at 20%, ended at 22% (~4 pages)
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today

TOTAL: 4 pages

READING UPDATE: Today was very much so a family day. We woke up early and left the house at 7:30 to meet up with a group and travel a little over an hour to view the eclipse. We hung out from 10 to about 3 and then spent 3+ hours getting home becasue of traffic, grabbed Chick-fil-A for dinner, took apart and thoroughly cleaned my toddler's carseat from puke because apparently he gets carsick like his sister used to, and attempted to join in part of the chat. Whoops. Hoping to read some more tomorrow.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 2 PROGRESS]
Unicorn Power! by Mariko Tamaki - started at 22%, ended at 27% (~10 pages)
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today

TOTAL: 14 pages

READING UPDATE: Updating here on Wednesday morning...yesterday was a hectic day and I was still pretty tired and sore from the day before. I ended up having to pick up Cami in the middle of grocery shopping because the school nurse couldn't keep her for 30 minutes for me to finish. She puked at school -_- We're not even a month into school and she's going to miss 2 days. I was not in a reading mood yesterday because I was just so mentally exhausted, but I did manage to read a chapter or so in bed before I zonked. Hoping Wednesday is going to be much better. Oh and to top off the Mondayest Tuesday ever...my Kindle now has a spot where the e-ink has bled (it didn't receive any blunt damage) and the spot doesn't go away whether you turn a page or turn it off or turn it on the screensaver. It's a 4th generation (not a touch screen), so it's pretty old. My birthday is in September, so I'm hoping that maybe I will get a PaperWhite for a gift :) Wishful thinking LOL
------------------------------------------
[DAY 3 PROGRESS]
Unicorn Power! by Mariko Tamaki - started at 27%, ended at 50% (~47 pages)
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today

TOTAL: 61 pages

READING UPDATE: Once again, a poor reading day. I don't know what I was doing yesterday...but it was like I did nothing all day. Going to attempt to do better today (Thursday). I want to finish Unicorn Power! today.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 4 PROGRESS]
Unicorn Power! by Mariko Tamaki - started at 50%, ended at 89% (~ 81 pages)
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today

TOTAL: 142 pages

READING UPDATE: I was trying really hard to finish Unicorn Power! last night but fell asleep and fell asleep hard. I have no doubt that I can finish it today and then we'll see what I'll start next or if I'll continue Roseblood. I'm only 6 pages into it.

No comments: