Friday, July 28, 2017

Summer Biannual Bibliothon [Day 6]

Mary of Wolf Girl Reads is hosting today's challenge that is simply 25 Facts About Me.
  1. I lived in a town in Minnesota with 350 people for 11 years - until I moved to Knoxville after my 5th grade school year.
  2. Even though I'm rusty, I can play piano, flute, piccolo, oboe, and various percussion instruments. I've dabbled in a few others as well.
  3. My favorite food is spaghetti.
  4. I love to cook and bake and don't see it as a chore.
  5. I originally was sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore, but when they updated the sorting hat quiz, I was placed into Ravenclaw. I was surprised both times. I always thought I was a Ravenclaw, but then I came to love being a Hufflepuff and was surprised when I was resorted.
  6. I have never been on an airplane because I'm terrified of flying.
  7. I lived in New York for 7 years and never went to NYC.
  8. Although otters are my favorite animal, I am a crazy cat lady through and through.
  9. I almost had my bachelor's degree in Education, Middle Grade Science, but ended up not being able to complete it after having Mason. Daycare is expensive. All I had left was student teaching.
  10. I have dyed my hair various shades of blonde, brown, and red. Plus black, purple, and most recently tried teal, but it didn't turn out well. After stripping it, it's now green.
  11. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and I'm trying to brush back up on it so maybe I can become bilingual.
  12. I am learning German.
  13. I was in accounting at a grocery store when I was 17. I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.
  14. Speaking of, grocery shopping is my jam. 
  15. I used to stay up until 3 or 4 am to read from a very young age (elementary school).
  16. I have trouble falling asleep because I'm not a huge fan of the dark or super still quietness.
  17. I used to watch too much reality tv shows but then I stopped for a while. Now I'm back to watching too many *shrugs*
  18. I wish someone IRL that I know watched RuPaul's Drag Race because it's my current obsession.
  19. My favorite flowers are daffodils.
  20. I have never broken a bone.
  21. The first thing I do when I get a new book is smell the pages.
  22. I had my first child when I was 18.
  23. There is an age gap of 11 months between my first and second kiddos and then 7 years between second and third.
  24. Twilight got me back into reading while I was pregnant with my second child.
  25. I hate eye contact, but try and make a point to making it because I know it's important.
READING UPDATE:
I didn't do so well reading yesterday. In fact, the most I had read all day was in bed after 10pm. I'm a third of the way through Eliza right now. My goal is to finish it today and then read Flame in the Mist tomorrow. *fingers crossed* I'd be over the moon if I was able to read all 4 books laid out for this readathon, but honestly I'm already so proud I've finished two!

DAY 5 PROGRESS:
Eliza and Her Monsters [Physical] - 87 pages

TOTAL: 764 pages    

No comments: