Monday, July 3, 2017

Books I Read in June



The Soul Thief by Majanka Verstraete - 3 stars (finished 6/9)
BOOK 1 IN ANGEL OF DEATH SERIES
I was gifted this ebook via Netgalley.
Review: here. 

Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z Index by Kathy Griffin - 4 stars (finished 6/10)
Kathy Griffin is one of my favorite comediannes and I live for these tales of her run-ins with different celebrities. A lot of her standup is pop culture related and she is so good at what she does. It's interesting to hear about the celebs that are good sports. I especially loved hearing about the exchanges between Morgan Freeman and Don Rickles. AND her relationship with Kris Jenner, especially after all her digs at the Kardashian/Jenner family. My favorite "chapter" was probably the Weird Al one though :) Perfect light read and absolutely hilarious. 

Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke - 2.5 stars (finished 6/15)
BOOK 19 IN HANNAH SWENSEN SERIES
I knew I was going to hate this book because I'm not happy who Hannah is with. The plot was okay, but seemed really forced. I feel like the recipes are taking over. I love food. I love recipes. I am a self-proclaimed recipe hoarder who blogs about food. But these books used to have so much more to them. I'm still hoping that her groom drops dead or is the murderer in the next book or someone speaks up and stops the wedding. There are so many instances throughout the book where Hannah was being manipulated by him and so many where she has moments of realization that she doesn't really know him as well as she knows others. 

Recipes in book: Easy Lemon Pie, Chips Galore Whippersnapper Cookies, Chocolate Almond Crisps, Green Tomatillo Stew, Cheesy Chili Corn Muffins, Soft Chewy Milk Chocolate Cookies, Magic White Chocolate Souffle, Vanilla Nutmeg Sauce, Milk Chocolate Sauce, Double Rainbow Swirl Cake, White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, Breakfast Puffs, Butterscotch Sugar Cookies, White Chocolate Mocha, Chocolate Coffee Cake, Lunchbox Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies, Peanut Butter Potato Chip Cookies, Angel Crunch Cookies, Honey Drop Cookies, and Blue Banana Muffins. In the second book, there were SEVEN recipes. This one has TWENTY. 

Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges - 4.5 stars (finished 6/19)
I was gifted this ebook via Netgalley.
Review: here.

The Form of Unknown Things by Robin Bridges - 3.5 stars (finished 6/28)
I was gifted this ebook via Netgalley.Review: here


No comments: