Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. More information here.


The last time I posted a Top Ten was in August 2014, but I have always followed along and read the weekly Top Ten on The Broke and The Bookish. I decided I really wanted to join back in and, of course, as soon as I do, there will be a short summer break for Top Ten. I will try and go through some of the old topics and still post until they come back in August. Today's topic is the top ten books we've read in 2017 so far. I've only read 25 books. These ten include all my five stars and a few of my four star ratings.


  1. The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket: I started rereading the Series of Unfortunate Events this year. I need to pick it back up with book 10, but I started with book 3 and I forget how much I enjoy it in particular.
  2. The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket: Another of my favorites in the Series of Unfortunate Events is book 6.
  3. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: I picked up an older Owlcrate with this book inside and went back and forth between the physical copy and the audiobook. Loved both.
  4. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows: This is probably my favorite read so far this year. I laughed out loud so many times. I picked this up in an older Owlcrate as well.
  5. The Walking Dead: Compendium Three: It was killing me that I was behind on the comic storyline vs. the tv storyline. I was starting to get really bored with the last season, but after catching up and going a little past the tv storyline, I am SO excited for the next season!
  6. Mabel Opal Pear and the Rules for Spying by Amanda Hosch: This was an ARC I got to read for NetGalley that isn't published until October 1st. It's a middle grade novel and probably my second favorite read of the year so far.
  7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling: Super short, but really fabulous.
  8. None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio: This was my first book with a character with AIS. It was a fascinating read and I want to educate myself more on people who are intersex.
  9. Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-ins by Kathy Griffin: I think Kathy Griffin is hilarious and I love her stand-up. This was a good read with lots of funny moments and anecdotes with celebrities. Not gonna lie, I wanted to see what happened when she ran into the Kardashians.
  10. Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges: I recently finished this book and I'm reading the companion right now. It was a wonderful story. Not perfect by any means, but wonderful.

What are your favorite books you've read so far in 2017?

Let me know below in the comments! 

No comments: