Thursday, September 8, 2016

Mason Benjamin: 18 Months Old


I cannot believe my littlest is a year and a half old. *sobs* He makes me want to have more kids because I cannot handle how stinking cute he is. A lot of folks say that it must be easier to just have one instead of two (like I had Matt and Cami when they were 11 months apart)...but it's not. It's infinitely harder to have one toddler. The big kids always distracted each other, but Mason is free to get into everything! It doesn't help that he's a climber...but he's cute so he gets away with everything. haha



My little bean is now 26 lbs and 31 inches (maybe an inch more, but he's hard to measure). Up 3 lbs from 15 months and about an inch taller or so. He's my little bean. Nick and I are both short, so it's not surprising that this little man is short too. His little cousin (who is 3 1/2 mo old) is only 4 inches shorter than him. He's a little bean and a short fry :)

Of course, I have so many pictures to share, but I picked a few of my favorites. Mason experienced his first time in the pool at Mimi's but was not a fan. At all. It was really sweet to see him observe his baby cousin. He would reach over and pet his head and rock the little rock'n'play. It was so adorable. Again, I want more kids because of him. Ugh.

There are times, however, where I am like barely managing this child. He loves to climb. Nick and I thought we had escaped having a climber with the first two...and then we had Mason. I think most everything within his reach has moved up. My office room that is also his playroom is a cluttered mess above like 4 feet LOL.

He is a really sweet child though. He's got the best facial expressions and he's happy about 90% of the time. That 10% is when he is hungry. He is not a happy kid when he is hungry. He is, in fact without a doubt, the most hangry person I've ever met.

But really...looks at this little face. I mean...really. I know moms can be bias, but he really is adorable.

And to round out the post...Nick and I were both in the office room and about 3 feet away from him. I looked away for about 10 to 15 seconds and when I turned back, he was standing on his Little People barn. Nick made me take a picture before he grabbed him (you can see him ready to grab him in the picture). He may be cute, but this child is a little daredevil. He's a wild child. But good lord do I love him so.

No comments: