Saturday, January 2, 2016

Books I Read in December

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead - 5 stars (finished 12/14)
This is the second book in the Bloodlines series.

Yes. yes. and more yes.
I just adore how well Richelle Mead writes her stories. There is always growth in the characters and there is always world-building. I always leave a book knowing more than I did before and I love that. It's interesting to see how Sydney is changing in her opinions of the Moroi and dhamphir, and yet she still hasn't let herself completely be okay with them. It was also pretty interesting to see her date. I didn't like Brayden from the get-go and his [spoiler: breakup with her] was strange and honestly did not make sense to me. I am so excited to see how Ms. Terlinger reacts when she finds out what Sydney did :) I also am wondering about Adrian confronting Sydney at the end - is he supposed to be confronting her about an eating disorder? Anyways...so happy and ready to read book 3.

No comments: