Saturday, July 25, 2015

Baby Mason: Five Months


If this little guy could just stop growing so fast...that would be amazing. Soon he's going to be crawling and getting teeth and *cries* He's not really much for cuddling these days either, so that just makes me even more sad.


Look at this little face. I mean, seriously, just look at it!?! :) I could just look at 'im all day long. He's perfect!


Stats: 15 lb 9 oz and 25.5 inches long [at 4 months he was 15lb 1oz 24.5 inches long]
Our dr office got a new scale and I think that the old scale was off because I know he's gained more than 8 oz in a month.
Eating: Expressed breastmilk. He's been doing 4 to 4.5 oz and then last couple of days has been doing 3 to 3.5 oz. It seems to be a trend with him. However, he is eating more per day and my freezer supply is almost gone...so my pumping has been increased....and I hope to get my supply increased asap. Yesterday, he started one bottle of formula a day - I'm hoping that either he'll start eating less or I'll be able to increase my supply enough to where this is the only can of formula I need to buy.
Sleeping: I'm trying to get his naps to be longer than 30 minutes, but it's rough right now. Some days are good and others are giant fails. He sleeps from 8pm to about 12am and then wakes up again at 4am and then is up for the day between 7am and 8am. He has the funniest going-to-sleep habits though. He likes to spit his binkie out (sometimes he'll keep it in), pull his muslin blanket over his face, and then picks up both legs and smacks them down onto the mattress in tandem over and over. He'll take breaks and does that leg thing 2 or 3 times before he falls asleep. I stay up until he's asleep to take the blanket off his face. He never pulls it back up over his face, so once he's out - I'm good to pull it off his face and he's fine. And I'm fine.

Wearing: 3-6 months and 6 months clothing. I'm doing half cloth diapers and half disposables - which he just moved up to a size 3 diaper this week. *cries*
Personality: Mason is a joy to be around. He's such a sweet little man. He smiles all the time. He talks a lot. He has me wrapped around his finger for sure!
Milestones: Mason is rolling over back to belly - he gets kind of frustrated that he can't move while on his belly or if he gets stuck rolling. He has learned that his voice can be loud and thus that he must screech and make all sorts of velociraptor noises to let every one else know he can also be loud :) He laughs a lot. His grabbing skills are on point! He is able to grab his binkie and put it in his mouth if he can see it. I got him a little stacking ring toy and he is able to grab each ring off. And as I took his 5 month picture, he sat unassisted!!

Likes:
  • His stackable rings
  • His new exersaucer (thanks, Mimi)
  • Being sung to
  • When you pretend to eat his arm
  • Chewing on his fingers 
  • Seeing himself in the mirror
Dislikes:
  • Being set down for too long [he likes being held]
  • Being held for too long [sometimes he likes to just be put down]

No comments: