Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

Anna and the French KissThe Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey)Impostor (Variants, #1) The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)Beta (Annex, #1)Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)Diners, Dives & Dead Ends (Rose Strickland Mystery, #1)

  1. Anna and the French Kiss: I shy away from contemporaries and I'm really not sure why. I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one! [5 stars]
  2. The Iron Traitor: Oh, Kierran. *sigh* I just love that Grimalkin and Puck joined in the adventure. Also the ending slayed me. [5 stars]
  3. Impostor: A girl with a morphing ability morphs into a girl to uncover a serial killer. It was an amazing read. [4 stars]
  4. The Mark of Athena: Another flawless book from Rick Riordan. Here was one of my updates: "Sometimes I think to myself...self, why do you have to sleep? Hoping to finish this one today. It's at a really intense part!" [4.5 stars]
  5. Beta: Clones. Clones that are soulless and become slaves for rich people on an island. I didn't expect the book to be as good as it was. [4.5 stars]
  6. Shadow Kiss: Oh.My.Glob. This book...just ahhhh! [5 stars]
  7. Shades of Earth: I've tried to read a few finales of trilogies recently...this was one of them. The other two received 5 stars, this one did too. One of the best endings of a trilogy I've read to date. [5 stars]
  8. Ignite Me: And this would be another one of the best endings to a trilogy ever. [5 stars]
  9. Take Me On: Katie McGarry is just so good at writing books. Loved this installment in the Pushing the Limits series. [5 stars]
  10. Diners, Dives, & Dead Ends: I was drawn in by the names of these ones. I really like the adult mystery books like Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson series and Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (which is probably more crime, but it does have the who dun it element and therefore I'm saying it's mystery) - and this Rose Strickland series is definitely starting off on the right foot for me :) [5 stars]

8 comments:

Lauren said...

EEk, Anna :) Such a great book. I read the audiobook of this one (well listened? lol) and it was SOOOOOO good. I actually want to read the print version again thsi summer because it thrilled me so much. AND SHADOW KISS! YESSSSS!!! My heart, honestly <3

Bloggin' 'bout Books said...

Nice list! I haven't read any of them, but several of them are already on my TBR list. I just need to find the time to read them. *Sigh* So many books, so little time ...


Susan
www.blogginboutbooks.com

Amy CookingAdventures said...

Love it! I added a bunch of these to my reading list!

Jamie (Jay Riv) said...

Love the Vampire Academy series. Beta looks interesting to read.


My TTT

stacie ball said...

there are a lot of books on your list that I like but one jumps out at me

Shadow Kiss <3. Massive fan of the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series so I hope you enjoy the rest of the books and the spin of series.

Great list hun :)

p.s how strange is it that I've been a part of We Love YA books on goodreads for a long time and your a moderator, don't know if its recent or not but its still pretty funny :) I don't post on the groups on goodreads as much as I should but its a good group

Jasprit said...

I'm glad to see so many great books on your list! I loved Anna and the French Kiss and definitely think that I will need to do a re-read before Isla comes out!

Sarah E said...

I joined We Heart YA in July 2011, I believe, and started moderating I believe in the fall of 2011. It's still my favorite group that I've belonged in on Goodreads, although I wish it were more active :S

MelissaSwenson said...

Totally agree with Shadow Kiss, Shades of Earth, and Ignite Me! They are all sooooo good. I can't wait for the next Bloodlines book to come out at the end of July.