Thursday, May 1, 2014

May TBR List + Upcoming Releases


I've been going a little rogue for my reading this year and not sticking to my TBR at all. In the Goodreads group I mod for (here), we have a Pick-It-For-Me challenge where you list 5 books and someone else picks your next book. I've been using my TBR jar to pick 5 and then letting someone pick which of those to read next. My TBR jar consists of all the books on my TBR for Jan-April and also contains all the series I'm in the middle of right now. So if I draw a series, I read the next book in it. I had a much more successful reading month in April finishing 6 books, so I'm hoping to continue the momentum in May. I really want to make a dent in the leftover section!

Currently reading:
  • A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin
  • Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler 
  • Take Me On by Katie McGarry
Overdue Netgalley Books:
  • The Queen's Choice by Cayla Kluver
  • The Hunt by Stacey Kade
  • Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron
  • ARV-3 by Cameo
Books Leftover:
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King
  • Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
  • The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell [We Heart YA Books BOTM]
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore [Random Read] 
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman [reread]
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn
  • The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
  • 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover [We Heart YA Books BOTM]
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • Here We Go Again: My Life In Television by Betty White
  • Decision Points by George W. Bush
  • All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
  • Black City by Elizabeth Richards
  • Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas [We Heart YA Books BOTM]
  • The House of Hades by Rick Riordan [We Heart YA Series Readalong]  
  • The Cruicible by Arthur Miller [reread]
  • The Initiation by L.J. Smith
  • Covet by J.R. Ward
  • The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger
  • Ashfall by Mike Mullin
  • Breathe by Sarah Crossan
  • Icons by Margaret Stohl
Books for May:
  • Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
  • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams [reread]
  • Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Finished this month:
  • Shades of Earth by Beth Revis  - done 5/6
  • Ali's Little Lies by Sara Shepard - done 5/12
  • Frostbite by Richelle Mead - done 5/18
  • Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - done 5/28 
  • Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi - done 5/29
  • Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi - done 5/29
  • Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - done 5/29


The OneKiller  InstinctAfter the End (After the End, #1)Flights and Chimes and Mysterious TimesRenegade (MILA 2.0, #2)Reborn (Shadow Falls: After Dark #1)End TimesTake Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)

Are you excited about any of these?
What's on your May TBR?


No comments: