Thursday, January 2, 2014

January TBR List + Upcoming Releases


This year, I'm trying to become a "more-rounded" reader by reading books from different years or set of years. I'm picking an "Oldie" (before 1990) and then a book from 90s, 2000s, 2010, 2011, 2012, and a "Newbie" (2013 and on). In addition, I hope to continue Random Reads, where I read one randomly selected book off my TBR and continue reading with the Goodreads groups I belong to. Plus there is the Bout of Books readathon this month, so I may try and finish my leftover books from 2013 :)

Books for January:
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket [reread] - done 1/16
  • An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - done 1/9
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King
  • Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
  • The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell [We Heart YA Books BOTM]
  • The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan [We Heart YA Series Readalong] - currently reading
  • Impostor by Suzanne Winnacker [Netgalley]
  • Dangerous by Shannon Hale [Netgalley]
  • The Queen's Choice by Cayla Kluver [Netgalley]

Although I haven't really kept as well as I had hoped for the Random Reads meme, I will be continuing in 2014. I hope to actually get around to reading the random books.

Up first for the Random Read meme in 2014 is Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I got Bitterblue, but haven't read the first book in the series, so Graceling it is!
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)


Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)Unhinged (Splintered, #2)The Impossible Knife of MemoryNo One Else Can Have YouA Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1)Avalon (Avalon, #1)Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)Minders


What books are on your TBR for January?
What new release books are you excited for?

2 comments:

MelissaSwenson said...

Fangirl is on my to-read list as well- my sis in law is a librarian & highly recommended it to me!

Bree said...

Graceling is HIGH on my list of books to read this year...hope you enjoy it...looking forward to hearing what you thought!