Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Change in 2014

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No resolutions here. Just trying to have a happy, healthy year with a happy, healthy family. 2014 is bringing a lot of changes for my family. It's our last year in New York and last year as a military family. We will be moving home to Tennessee in late summer/early fall and starting our new lives as civilians. Both Nick and I are working on our bachelors degrees and if all goes our way, we'll both be finishing up around the same time to find a job and buy our first home. It's both exciting and scary to be out of the veil of protection provided by the military that we have had for the last nearly 8 years.

With the acceleration of my bachelors degree, I will be spending a majority of time schooling as hard as possible. My classes start today and I'm already halfway through my first one. Basically, I hope to continue the momentum throughout the next year and start student teaching in Jan 2015. This means that doing two blogs full-time and reading 100+ books (2013, I hit 142), plus volunteering in my husband's unit is just not going to work. So Fortune is going to reduce to mostly books, not reviews though. It's going to be readathons, TBR list, and the occasional Top Ten Tuesday. The majority of my blogging will take place on Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. I didn't want to phase Fortune out completely because of my readathons and Top Ten Tuesday. BUT on Fridays, I will post about life and occasional product/book reviews on Fantastical :) So be sure to follow me there!

And just because...this sums up 2013 perfectly:



1 comment:

MelissaSwenson said...

Woo-hoo! Exciting stuff happening for you guys. I can't wait for you to move back home. How weird though about being civilians though after all this time being a military family! :)