Thursday, November 14, 2013

Onyx [Book Review]


Stats:
#2 in Lux series
Kindle Edition, 416 pages
Published August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen
ASIN: B008QXCOG6
Find on Goodreads


Synopsis:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...



My Thoughts:
Onyx made me want to wring Katy's neck. Girl, get it together.

In the beginning of Onyx, they are trying to get the trace off of Katy. She ends up getting sick and needing to be hospitalized. Weird things start happening...[and it turns out that Katy isn't really human anymore]. Add in a new student from California who starts flirting with Katy and a new boyfriend for Katy's mom...PLUS the DOD watching and questioning their every move...and this book just gets all sorts of interesting. I gobbled it up.

It was also an incredibly emotional book as [they eventually find Bethany. They find out if they are linked and one dies, the other will. So they know for sure that Dawson is alive]




Linking up at Saturday Situation

No comments: