Friday, October 11, 2013

Wonderfully Wicked Readathon Vol. 2: Daily Updates Part 1


You can see what books I'm trying to read this week and my goals as well in this post. I'll be tweeting throughout the readathon (@fortunefavors11) and updating on my Goodreads profile (here).

Friday 10/11
Currently reading:
Starry NightsThe Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)Dead Girls Don't Lie
Finished today: 170 pages + 11 pages + 7 pages | 1 book(s)
Total: 188 pages | 1 book(s)
Challenge: Participated in the Jigsaw Cover Love challenge on My Shelf Confessions and Superstitions challenge on Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Thoughts: 8am Ready to begin the readathon!! :) 2PM Getting a bit distracted here. Starting points for today were 41% for Starry and p.93 for Battle 5PM Just finished my first book: Starry Nights. Gotta make dinner and hopefully work on a few reviews and visit some blogs. I also hope to start Dead Girls Don't Lie tonight and make a dent in Battle.
Goals: 188/182 pages per day, 1/4 books, 0/2 novellas, 5/5 blog visits per day, 1/1 new follow per day, 2/3 challenges, 0/1 Twitter chat, 7/2 reviews per day.

Visited The Hosts // Kristen // Vicki // Sassy // Beckie
New Follow: Bittersweet Enchantment

Saturday 10/12
Currently reading:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)Dead Girls Don't Lie
Finished today: 83 pages + 60 pages | 0 books
Total: 331 pages | 1 book(s)
Challenge: Participated in Wicked Title Trouble challenge on Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf.
My book title poem:
“The Devouring” of “The Raven Boys”
“Left in Silence” in the “Ashes” of the “Amber House”
“Whispers”
“Whispers”
“Something Wicked This Way Comes”
Thoughts: 12AM I got distracted by watching tv shows and trying to write up some reviews. 7 new reviews scheduled to go! WOO! I got about 2% through the galley of Dead Girls before figuring out the chunks of random text were in place of actual words. So I had to buy that to be able to actually read the dang book. Off to bed and read until I fall asleep. 9PM So today has not been the best day for reading. I've managed to Skype with Nick, play DS with the kids, clean the kitchen and living room, make dinner, make after dinner movie snack, and watch The Emperor's New Groove with the kids for our movie night. I mean not that it's a bad day, but I've spent it with the family :) Of course, now it's completely silent and there's "nothing" to do. OFF TO READ!
Goals: 143/182 pages per day, 1/4 books, 0/2 novellas, 5/5 blog visits per day, 1/1 new follow per day, 3/3 challenges, 0/1 Twitter chat, 0/2 reviews per day.

Visited Trinity // Titania // Stephanie // Christina // Abby
New Follow: The Tale Archives

Sunday 10/13
Currently reading:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)Dead Girls Don't Lie"The President Has Been Shot!": The Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Finished today: 188 pages + 2 pages + 366 pages | 2 book(s)
Total: 887 pages | 3 books
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: 12AM My goal for today is to finish one of these books and make it past halfway in the other. Starting points are p.188 and 19%. I didn't do any reviews yesterday...for shame. But I did 7 on the first day, so as long as I do 2 a day...I should catch up. Or mustard. :D Kidding...kinda. Maybe. Off to bed! 8AM Getting coffee and breakfast ready and then I'm just gonna go straight into reading. I'm nearly done with Battle. It's so good! Could barely put it down last night! 11AM Finished my second book. I need to finish Dead so I can start another book that's actually on my list since I only have one Kindle. I had Battle from the library and President is on Adobe Digital Editions (NetGalley)...so yep. 3PM Finished another book. That one was rough. Going to try and finish Dead Girls now.
Goals: 546/182 pages per day, 3/4 books, 0/2 novellas, 0/5 blog visits per day, 0/1 new follow per day, 3/3 challenges, 0/1 Twitter chat, 0/2 reviews per day.

Monday 10/14
Currently reading:
Dead Girls Don't Lie
Spider's Bargain by Jennifer Estep (Novella w/o a cover)
Finished today: 285 pages + 9 pages | 1 books + 1 novella
Total: 1181 pages | 4 books 1 novella
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: 12AM Well, no reviews or blog visits yesterday. :/ Today perhaps? I read a ton though. 5PM 60% done with Dead Girls. It's like a less catty Pretty Little Liars. 11PM Today has been a really good day. I grocery shopped, made 3 different types of cookies, cleaned, read, took a nap, etc. I just got a lot accomplished. Hoping to keep up the momentum!
Goals: 285/182 pages per day, 4/4 books, 1/2 novellas, 5/5 blog visits per day, 1/1 new follow per day, 3/3 challenges, 0/1 Twitter chat, 2/2 reviews per day.

Visited Tressa S // Gabby // Melissa // Isa // Jenni
New Follow: Chasing Quills

Tuesday 10/15
Currently reading:
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Finished today: 140 pages + 97 pages | 0 books
Total: 1221 pages | 4 books 1 novella
Challenge: n/a

Thoughts: 8PM I didn't read much today. Thanks to Aunt Flo and her pal Anemia, I'm exhausted to the point that if I try and read, the words and lines start mushing together :/ I'm headed to bed early and will still attempt to read some, but I don't know how long I'll last before I am out for the count.

Goals: 237/182 pages per day, 4/4 books, 1/2 novellas, 0/5 blog visits per day, 0/1 new follow per day, 3/3 challenges, 0/1 Twitter chat, 1/2 reviews per day.

No comments: