Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten (Six) Best/Worst Series Enders


I thought by today that I would have a few more series finished. I'm in the middle of like 50 and a lot of them only have one more book left for me to read. I actually have a bookshelf for series that I need to finish on Goodreads: here. So I wasn't able to have more than 6 books...so top SIX.

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)Shutdown (Glitch, #3)The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)Requiem (Delirium, #3)Reached (Matched, #3)

  1. WORST: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: In my opinion, the actual ending was SO LAME. I felt like Collins was just done writing, so she very sloppily ended the book and slapped on a cliched finish.
  2. BEST: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling: I'm sure there will be a lot of this book around on today's Top Ten. I don't see how it couldn't make people's list. It's incredibly epic and just all around perfection. ALL THE FEELS. *sniffles*
  3. BEST: Shutdown by Heather Anastasiu: This trilogy I have been talking about a lot lately because I feel it's underappreciated. The ending was also VERY epic. It was one of those things where I had to reread because I couldn't believe it just happened. I hope Anastasiu writes more books and soon because she is incredible!
  4. BEST: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa: I enjoyed reading from Prince Ash's POV. Even more so, I enjoyed his journey with Puck and Grimalkin. I also really loved the Big Bad Wolf. Another solid ending...(not including the spinoff series)
  5. BEST: Requiem by Lauren Oliver: I know a lot of folks really hated the open-ended ending, but I actually really liked it which is extremely odd for me. I think it's just HOW Oliver did it that made me content. I also wasn't thoroughly impressed with book number two, so Requiem lived up to my expectations and ended the trilogy well.
  6. WORST: Reached by Ally Condie: I loved Matched. I thought it was so unique and amazing. I hated Crossed. I absolute abhorred that book. But because a lot of times I end up hating the second book for being a filler in a trilogy, I was really excited to read Reached and then I was utterly appalled at what happened. It was literally the same type of scene for each character over and over and over again. I hate Cassia's decision at the end. For me, there were no redeeming qualities and it's really frustrating. I loved Matched. LOVE LOVE LOVED Matched. But the other two were not good at all.

What are your favorite or least favorite series enders?


No comments: