Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List


I had participated in Top Ten Tuesday around ten times and then stopped participating because I had more stuff to blog about...I'm finding that I have less and less to blog about now.

This week's topic was Top Ten Books on my Fall 2013 TBR List.  Lately, I have requested a ton of books from NetGalley - and got approved for them, which is super exciting. Then when I went to make this post, I realized that I have a super bad habit of cover judging a book, reading the synopsis, adding it to my TBR if it sounds interesting, and then completely forgetting what it's even about. So even though I at one point read the synopsis, I basically go into most books blindly.

Obviously, I cannot tell you why I'm excited about these books if I have no clue what they are about...so I am rereading the synopses just for this post :)
Legend (Legend, #1)The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Monsters (Ashes Trilogy, #3)Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1)RelativityFinale (Hush, Hush, #4)Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall, #1)Parasite (Parasitology, #1)These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)

  1. Legend by Marie Lu: Legend was chosen for the series readalong for the Goodreads group I mod for. It's a dystopian that I have been told is incredible.
  2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: I enjoyed Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls series and was excited to hear she had a new series coming out. I actually won a signed copy of it and it's still been sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read. I was approved for The Dream Thieves (the second) on NetGalley - and so I really need to get this one read asap.
  3. Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: This is my random read for September and also was selected for the BOTM for the Goodreads group I mod for. I'm not a huge contemporary fan or chick-lit fan either. However, I've been told I'm missing out on a great book which is why I'm very excited to read this one.
  4. Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick: This is probably the NetGalley book that I'm most excited about. I got the other two via NetGalley and Ashes was one of the first zombie books I had read. The zombies are incredibly creepy in this one. It's the perfect read for the Halloween season!
  5. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien: This one is my random read for October and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I don't think I would've added it to my list based on the synopsis, but I love dystopia and again, lots of good reviews!
  6. Relativity by Cristin Bishara: I'm a big fan of wormholes and tv shows and movies with wormholes. I've not yet read many time travel or wormhole books, so I'm really excited about this book. It's another NetGalley book.
  7. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick: I'm hoping that I can brush up on the first three books without having to a reread. I have been meaning to read this since it was released a year ago.
  8. Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger: It's like Avatar the Last Airbender meets The Wizard of Oz or something, I don't know, but it sounds so good. I love the cover (of course). This one is the September read for Book BFFs and I need to start it asap.
  9. Parasite by Mira Grant: I cannot yet figure out if this is YA or adult. This one involves a genetically engineered tapeworm treatment that worked so well that most every human has one. Unfortunately, now the tapeworms are sick of being parasites and want a life of their own. This seems like such a unique idea and I can't wait to read it. I got it from NetGalley.
  10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman: This one I'm actually currently reading. It's one of my NetGalley books and obviously I found it because of its gorgeous cover. This book is about space travel - and after reading Across the Universe, I'm wanting to read as many space books as I can get my hands on.

No comments: