Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Black Heels & Tractor Wheels [Review]

 
Stats:
352 pages [Paperback]
First Published 1 January 2011
ISBN: 006199717X
Find on Goodreads


Synopsis:
That's when I saw him--the cowboy--across the smoky room.

I'll never forget that night. It was like a romance novel, an old Broadway musical, and a John Wayne Western rolled into one. Out for a quick drink with friends, I wasn't looking to meet anyone, let alone a tall, rugged cowboy who lived on a cattle ranch miles away from my cultured, corporate hometown. But before I knew it, I'd been struck with a lightning bolt . . . and I was completely powerless to stop it.

This isn't just my love story; it's a universal tale of passion, romance, and all-encompassing love that sweeps us off our feet.

It's the story of a cowboy. And Wranglers. And chaps. And the girl who fell in love with them.

 

My Thoughts:
*Fangirling*

I'm a huge fan of Ree Drummmond. I have both cookbooks, this book (obviously), and even one of her Charlie books, DVR'd her show religiously until we got rid of cable, and I adore her blog. I kept meaning to get around to reading this book for so long.

Let me just say that I wish I could read this over and over again and it completely makes me look at Ree/Ladd in a whole new light. It's the sweetest love story ever. Loved every last page of it.

It was really hilarious to read about Ree's introduction to the ranch lifestyle from living out in California for years.

If you are a PDub fan, GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS BOOK! ;)



Previous Review:
The Bane by Keary Taylor [here]

Linked up at...



hoo hoo!

No comments: