Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Readathon: Goals



Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon

Hosts: Rebecca @ Kindle Fever | April @ My Shelf Confessions

Oh, yes! I have signed up for another readathon :) This one is a five-day readathon. Click the button to find out more info, sign up, etc. I just wanted to make a goal post and collect my own thoughts because I've had about 8 bajillion NetGalley books that I'm trying to read and I finally have caught up, but it put me way behind in my regular books that I wanted to read this month. So...

Goals:
  • Read 300 pages a day - I have nothing to do this week!
  • Finish Netgalley* books first - Dark Frost is due by 20 June
  • Beat my previous readathon accomplishments - 3 (almost 4) books read, 1303 pages total
Books on my June To-Read List:
  • One For the Money by Janet Evanovich (320 pages)
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner (384 pages)
  • The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (360 pages)
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner (325 pages)
  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (402 pages)
  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (320 pages)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (540 pages)
  • Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep (385 pages)
  • Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep (384 pages)
  • *Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep (336 pages)
  • Hourglass by Myra McEntire (400 pages)
I'm going to be working on the Mythos Academy books this weekend and trying to finish Game of Thrones as well, so my list may change a little. I would have to read 900+ pages a day to finish ALL of these books, but these are the ones I want on my list to get around to. Hourglass is a "just in case" book. I really don't think I'll need a "just in case" I finish all of these books book. But hey, dream big, right?!

**Update - I will be updating this week here...and also on Twitter (@DerpalinaE)

Day 1:
Books Completed Today: Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost, Dark Frost
Page Number Completed Today: 822  | Total: 822
Challenge: Commented on what I would grab in a Wildfire on Kindle Fever's post :)
Notes: Mid-day update: Finished Touch of Frost!  It's 7pm and I'm done with my second book :) End of the day update: Finished 3 books today and went well over 300 pages. I'm so proud of myself!!

Day 2:
Books Completed Today: None
Page Number Completed Today: 146  | Total: 968
Challenge: Posted {here}
Notes: I had trouble reading today - my cold is getting the best of me today :(

Day 3:
Books Completed Today: None
Page Number Completed Today: 100 | Total: 1068
Challenge: didn't participate today
Notes: I had more trouble today - although I'm feeling a lot better tonight, so I'm hoping today I will have a better day with this cold and it'll start going away.

Day 4:
Books Completed Today: The Maze Runner
Page Number Completed Today: 200  | Total: 1268
Challenge: didn't participate today
Notes: Mid-day update: finished one book today :) Now hopefully I can finish another book today!

Day 5:
Books Completed Today: None
Page Number Completed Today: 95 | Total: 1363
Challenge: didn't participate today

Total:
Books Completed: 4: Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost, Dark Frost, and the Maze Runner
Page Count Total: 1363
Notes: I beat last readathon's accomplishments :)

1 comment:

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Yay! So excited for you to read The Maze Runner (I'm not even finished yet, but it's GOOD!) and Shiver is one of my favorites. Made me cry...the whole Trilogy is great. I wanna re-read them soon!!! Yay for readathons!!!