Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #5

 

Today's theme is Top Ten Books To Read In A Day


For me, there is something about dystopian books that make me hang on the edge of my seat and not want to do anything until I finish the whole book. Some of my favorite dystopian  novels:


Fantasy was always my genre of choice when I was younger. I remember getting sucked into the Harry Potter series and trying to find anything with fairies in it. Here are two of my all-time favorite fantasy books:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)The Iron King


And a few vampire books...once I was out of high school, everything I read involved vampires. When my husband was deployed to Iraq, I read the Southern Vampire Mystery books 1-8 in 8 days. I read Black Dagger Brotherhood during his deployment to Afghanistan. #4 in the SVM and #3 in BDB are my favorites.
 Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) 

And last are some of my out of the box books. I probably wouldn't have read them or given them a second glance if it weren't for book clubs. They are two of my favorite books...although that's a pretty long list :P
Before I Go to SleepFracture

6 comments:

Addie R. said...

Great book choices! And I definitley agree with Fracture, I have it on my list too. :)

Kristina said...

Great list of books. I loved Divergent and wish I would have read it in a day. I still need to read Matched, the Iron series, Ward's series and Fractured.

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesdays-15.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome list this week! I love the dystopians you picked...Harry Potter is a total win and anything by Julie Kagawa is hard to put down! I see you like Charlaine Harris, too. ALL of her series are. so. good!

Nice picks this week! Enjoy your day!

Our Top Ten!

-Em

Tanya Patrice said...

I totally agree with you about dystopian books - love the ones you mentioned. And Before I Go to Sleep was one of my favorite books read last year!

Unknown said...

Great list! I Love Divergent and The Hunger Games. The Iron Fey is one of my favorite series ever!!!

I also did a LOT of reading when my hubby was in Iraq :(

Thanks for stopping by!

manda-rae said...

I loved Charlaine Harris' books. And I need to pick up Iron King and Before I go to Sleep. I'm familiar with most of the books on your list and agree maybe 85% with you... Love the list!

Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.