Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Matched [Review]

Matched (Matched, #1)

Stats:
#1 in Series
384 Pages [Kindle Edition]
Published 30 Nov 2010


Synopsis:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

 


My Thoughts:
I love the style in which the plot was delivered. I like that there are still many questions and how the book ends on such a high excitement point that you just want to get your hands on the next installment immediately.

I'm hoping Crossed will give more elaboration as to why the society ended up that way and more into what happened the time they took the red pill...and more about the inner workings of the Officials/Society.

The story itself was incredible. It was able to be full without giving away too much. I really love Cassia. I'm torn between Xander and Ky. Terribly torn. I cannot wait for Crossed.



Currently Reading:
Crossed (Matched, #2)Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)


Previous Review:
Cell by Stephen King [here]

[Counts toward my TBR Pile challenge: here]

Linked up at...
 

3 comments:

Heather said...

This one sounds really original! I'm interested! Can't wait to hear what you think of the next installment.

Melissa said...

This sounds like a great read, i have added to my wishlist on my Nook! Happy Friday!

Victoria said...

sounds like a keeper :)