Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fates Will Find Their Way....in bed.

So...let's see here...
I'm sick. Last night I started getting a bit of a scratchy sore throat...this morning I woke up hardly able to swallow and feverish. Damn.

I did some extra homework today and finished another book.

And let me tell you - that book was a WASTE of good paper. I've never hated a book before, now I do. This could have been a great book, but it was poorly written by someone who obviously has SOME writing talent. UGHHH. There were too many characters and too much crap going on.

Fates Will Find Their Way by Hannah Pittard - 1 Star

Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Nora Lindell is missing. And the neighborhood boys she's left behind are caught forever in the heady current of her absence. 
As the days and years pile up, the mystery of her disappearance grows kaleidoscopically. A collection of rumors, divergent suspicions, and tantalizing what-ifs, Nora Lindell's story is a shadowy projection of teenage lust, friendship, reverence, and regret, captured magically in the disembodied plural voice of the boys who still long for her.

Told in haunting, percussive prose, Hannah Pittard's beautifully crafted novel tracks the emotional progress of the sister Nora left behind, the other families in their leafy suburban enclave, and the individual fates of the boys in her thrall. Far more eager to imagine Nora's fate than to scrutinize their own, the boys sleepwalk into an adulthood of jobs, marriages, families, homes, and daughters of their own, all the while pining for a girl–and a life–that no longer exists, except in the imagination.

A masterful literary debut that shines a light into the dream-filled space between childhood and all that follows, The Fates Will Find Their Way is a story about the stories we tell ourselves–of who we once were and may someday become.


My Thoughts: I, in all honesty, wish I could give this book 0 stars or maybe negative stars. I'm sure the author is a talented writer, but this book was poorly written. Probably one of the worst books I have ever read. I don't think I've ever been annoyed while I read a book, but this one accomplished that.

:/ 

No comments: